Monday, November 15, 2010

Make a City, Make an Interior

Okay, for the next assignment there will be three digital artworks that are to be printed out.

1. you are to create and exterior scene with the minimum of three buildings and three additional objects.
2. you are to create an interior scene with a minimum of six objects.
3. you are to create an artwork that you used live trace and live paint...can be any object, person, thing, etc.

You are to place at least one of the artworks you live traced into your exterior AND interior piece. So, make sure that it makes sense for each scene. that probably means it will have to be two different objects. that is up to you and the design.

Experiment with the different perspectives first, to see which you think will be the best for your design.
Make these scenes great guys, put in a lot of effort making it as professional and GREAT as you can. No worries, right?

You are to print out each one of these digital artworks. Make sure you use the whole page to print one...there should be no 3" borders and it should not be  not centered.

You are to print one of these digital artworks 11" x 17"...which one is up to you, which ever design benefits the most from it. There is an option for print size in the printers dialogue box.

You will probably need to print tests prints out first...ones you can then go back and adjust and correct.

You are also to save these three .ai files on the server. Please save as lastname_exterior.ai   lastname_interior.ai and lastname_livetrace.ai   the server is getting crowded and this will help us find what we need to find.

You are also to save these three on your blogs.
Have these printouts ready, posted to your blog, and posted on the server BEFORE class next week. So, these are not on the server, on your blog, and on the wall before 9:00 am...consider it late.

Thanks....you all did really well today...best class ever...FAMOUS


email me or post a comment here if you have any questions. if you have any questions about how to do something during the week, do not hesitate to let me know.

15 comments:

  1. Dear Dwayne,

    I unfortunately fell ill during class today. I'd rather not go into detail but it was definitely unfortunate. I'm sorry I left your class, but it was for everyone's well-being.

    I read this entry and it sounds crazy complicated. I can ask the all-knowing internet my questions, but I'd like to know if you have any tutorials made or printed out before I do.
    Please let me know.


    Sincerely,
    Mim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will send you an email with some youtube tutorials. it is pretty easy, though it sounds complicated.

    if that doesnt help, i can meet you during the week at school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did both my interior and exteriors based on what you said in class so I didn't read the blog (until just now). I didn't know that we were supposed to incorporate the livetrace piece in both of them. I spent a lot of time on them and I'm probably not going to redo them right now. So, have mercy? Please.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. DWAYNE,
    i keep trying to put my livetrace in but it won't go into perspective? i'm following the instructions but could i be forgeting to unlock something? or could it be to complex?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma, you have to make sure that the perspective grid tool is selected and that the correct panel is highlighted. click and drag the image into place, it may take a couple of seconds to change...let me know if you still can not get it.

    Heidi...dont be a slacker!!! and thanks for playing to my nerdiness with your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dwayne i have tried again doing everything u said and its still not working...i may just have to work on it at school

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm having the same problem as Emma, my image is just not conforming to the perspective! And I did everything you said, too.
    Do I have to do it at school?

    ReplyDelete
  8. We can meet early on Monday to help you out...but. make sure you group your live trace image after you expand it. you group the image by hitting Command G, copy the grouped image, Command C and paste it on your perspective artwork, Command V. Make sure the perspective grid selection tool is on and it should automatically adjust to the grid when you move the image. You can adjust the size by using the bounding box of the image. Let me know if that still does not work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. still didn't work for me, I don't know why, but I'm just going to use the image I made in class . . .
    thanks for trying to help! When I do my interior maybe it'll work, I hope >.<

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDAsOw4jW4U

    here is a youtube video that shows how to do it....you can skip ahead to about 2:20 min and it shows how to bring in flat artwork and put it in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dwayne, I am at the school now and it won't let me print on the fiery printer from my account. I have sent in a report so hopefully it will be fixed but i will be seeing you EARLY tomorow morning to try and figure this out! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am also struggling with this assignment! I'm having problems with creating the interior perspective. I am going to get this as complete as I can but I do plan to come in early to get some last minute help and print.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Emma...if it will not let you print because it will not open Photoshop. Try to print the jpeg while it is open in Preview. That helped some people this weekend. It is easier to print from Preview anyways.


    Heidi...the only real thing I can tell you is to try..try making objects in your interior, try to make it as interesting as possible.

    Good Luck...Be Famous

    ReplyDelete
  14. THIS GOD FORSAKEN PRINTER WONT GOD FORSAKEN PRINT.
    AND IM TIRED. AND ANNOYED. AND SCREW THIS GAME.
    THEY'RE ON THE SERVER AND MY BLOG. SEE YOU IN AN HOUR AND A HALF.

    with love,
    JOSH

    ReplyDelete